Monday, June 18, 2007

Thunderstorm

Rode to work today, as I have every day since the kids got out of school. Loving it! Upon leaving work today I headed into DeKalb and then back out to Sycamore, and got caught in what seemed to be a hellacious thunderstorm coming up. The wind was HOWLING through the area I was, so badly that a couple times the gusts almost knocked me off my bike, it got really dark and I thought I was about to get a downpour....there was a lot of thunder and some lightning that scared the bejeburs outta me!
Luckily on the path that comes almost right to my front door (which was the last 3 miles of my ride) I had the wind at my back and got up to above 32 MPH and got home just as the skies opened up for the first of what's been a couple of downpours this afternoon/evening.

Ms Bike ride is Saturday and Sunday, I'm hoping for nice weather...keep your fingers crossed!

I think I need to buy a waterproof bag for when I'm on the bike. Although zip lock bags for my phone and work clothes are working out okay for now.

Kids are mad that they can't go outside to play but thunder and lightening keep them in the house.

No comments: