Saturday, September 22, 2007

I think I'll go for a ride today.....

The last bit of summer sun is calling my name.....

Went out with the bike club this morning. It was gorgeous out. Not too hot, not too cool, not too windy but just enough wind to make us work.

Karen and I broke out early away from the group...we cruised into Kirkland doing 24 miles an hour. We were moving! It was fabulous! Felt good!

On the way home we rode with June and a group of the others who rode a little slower than we had on the way in. Our average speed for the ride was 16.88 mainly because we slowed down a lot on the way back. Point though is that we cruised pretty close to and even over 20 mph almost the whole way to Kirkland which is a 16 mile ride.

So, 32.62 miles this morning...that puts me at 1356.56 miles. Only 143.44 miles to go until I've reached my goal. Tomorrows ride is 40 miles so after tomorrow morning I'll be right around 100 miles to go to hit my goal for the year! WOOHOO!

Great stuff. I'm going out again tomorrow morning for a Birthday ride!

No comments: