Saturday, September 15, 2007

Only 202 Miles to go.........

As anyone who's been reading my blogs knows that I ride bikes. If you belong to bikejournal.com and have come here through my link there, you know that my goal this year is to hit 1,500 miles this year.
I was pretty much off my bike for about 3 weeks in August and just got back on the bike last week (logging more than 10 miles a week). So, today I did 33.55 miles with Karen and am now at 1,298.02 miles for the year. It was damn cold this morning. Started riding before it even hit 40 degrees today and when we got home it had just gotten over 50 degrees, strong wind, so it's CHILLY! I degress... So, I'm almost there. I figure if I can even just ride my 9 miles a day 5 days a week I can hit it before I have to stop riding due to the cold.
I wouldn't mind surpassing my goal for the year though. I will not change my "goal" for the year though, everything else will just be bonus so that I can have an overinflated ego for a few months before setting a new goal for the new year.
Speaking of goals for the new year...I got my mileage log from bicycling magazine this morning in the mail HURRAY! That means I can write my goal in there and I now have an "official" biking log other than online....I mean, really what if my computer crashes and I'm unable to log miles for a week or two or longer :( YIKES! So, always good to have a hard copy.

This afternoon I'm on my way to the hubby's company picnic - couldn't have picked a colder day in September if they had planned it that way! Sheesh it's not even 60 degrees today :( What happened to those beautiful warm fall days? BEsides, it's not even fall yet....not until my birthday which is now only 8 days away!

So, for my birthday if you'd like a list of things I'd like to get please email me or maybe I'll post a list on here for everyone to look at..... ;)

Okay going for now might post that list yet today or at least get started on it.

No comments: