Thursday, September 6, 2007

So it's been a while

So, it's been a little while since I've written. It's been really busy! I went on vacation, school started back up, my hours at work changed, my puppy was hit by a car, Brendon and Cody had their 7th birthday, I got a horrible infection from getting too many mosquito bites and ended up having to have a wound on my back packed (extremely painful...I don't recommend delaying seeing a doctor for things like this) and well, it's just been crazy!

I guess I'll start from the top and work my way to the most recent events.

1. Vacation.....was wonderful, the kids and I hung out, went swimming, played games, sat around, took naps...yeah it was great...hated having to go back to work.

2. School started back up.....Cassy is a sophmore.....when did my baby grow up? Gaven is in 4th grade and Brendon and Cody are in 2nd grade. The three boys are all going to the same school thankfully!
With school starting up comes football season which means we have a game every Friday night since Marching band plays at the football games.
With school starting I also switched my hours so that I can get to work later than I was and leave so that I get home around or shortly after the kids, and I'm back to working most Saturday's.

3. Vivian, my sweet little puppy was hit by a car. Our friends were staying with us because of all the flooding in our area...the kids were running in and out of the house and of course one of the dogs got out...it was the same day the kids were moving back into town so it was busy and she was hit. Her back leg was broken. It was a very insane day. We couldn't find an open Vet. office, ended up in Aurora, where those people were horrible. I do not recommend going to the Aurora Animal Hospital ever....they are rude! They don't give a damn about your animal only about money....I was cleaning when it happened and ran outside in my too big shorts and tank top with keys in hand to take her to get some help. They wanted me to pay $200.00 before they would even look at her...fine we pay the $200.00. They then inform me that now she needs x-rays, and in order to do that I have to pay $1300.00 up front! Um...do you have that kind of money around? I don't. When I told them I was taking her to another Vet (a girl I work with gave me her vets number and he told me to bring my dog in and he'd let me make payments on the bill) they brought Vivian out to us and SHOVED her at my daughter...her broken leg ramming into my daughters chest....They are horrible there!
So, the vet sees her and it's a Compound Spiral fracture to the bone between her knee and ankle....will cost about $2000.00 to fix....he sets up for the surgeon that repairs things like this to see her and works out the financing of it for us. Great guy! I will be taking all my animals to him as long as I live in this area! He actually gives a darn about the people and the animals! Very nice guy...need a vet? Email me I'll give you his name and number!
Vivian has had surgery and is recovering nicely, she goes back again on Tuesday to check on her. She seems to be doing well.

4. Brendon and Cody turned 7 the day after Vivian was hit by the car. I had been in the house cleaning when the accident happened. Needless to say on Sunday I was running around like a maniac trying to get everything ready. I didn't make the pirate ship cakes I had planned on making but the whole party was a blast, everyone had fun, and it all went well. We had a good turn out! The boys were thrilled with their gifts and that their cousins were there to hang out with them.
They especially loved the bubble thing that Steve and Jen's kids got them and the bikes that Bob and I got them.

It was awesome to see them so happy and excited. We had a treasure hunt, they had to find the clues around the neighborhood at some of the different neighbors homes, the neighbors were a great help, Michael was really funny and told them when they rang his bell that it was too early for trick or treating! Anyway they found the treasure chest in the backyard by the well filled with smaller treasure boxes filled with temporary tattoo's, candy necklaces, candy, and other such things.

It was a fun filled day and after the party we grilled hot dogs and brats for mom, Aunt Hilda and Uncle Jim. We had a good evening and a nice visit with the family.

5. The infection. I am, apparently, allergic to mosquitoes. A couple of bites I can handle but after too many my body rebels and I got a pretty bad infection. I am on antibiotics and have to have the wound in my back packed daily to help it heal...kinda sucks!

This has been life for the past several weeks.

Last night I was able to get on my bike and take a nice longer ride with Karen, it was the first ride that was over 10 miles in a few weeks. It was nice! I enjoyed it alot!

Next post will be pictures of current events in the family~!

No comments: