Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Near Miss

Last night riding home from work I had a near miss with a car.

As I approached the 4 - way stop about 3/4 of a mile from my house I was in the lane to go straight. I waited my turn, then started into the intersection, the whole time keeping my eye on a girl in a green car (I believe it was a ford) who was chatting away on her cell phone,quite oblivious to the world around her.

As I get into the intersection she pulls into it. I of course slammed on my brakes and missed her by maybe the width of a finger! It was really close.

I got home safely with a very elevated heart beat!

So, my thought for the day..."Put down the cell phones and pay attention people! I'd like to make it home safely as opposed to being a human burger on the roadway!"

1 comment:

Di said...

omg isnt it against the law to talk on your phone and drive there ? here you can loose your drivers license if caught driving and chatting on a phone