Tuesday, November 6, 2007

New Gear for the Bike....

So, I rode out to North Central Cyclery today after I left work. Have I ever mentioned how much I love that place! The guys that work there are great and put up with me...I know nothing about bikes except that I love to ride them...I managed to change a tire myself but still I know nothing...I'll give an example of just how bad it is shortly.

I needed a front light so I can see while commuting home...got that. Decided what the heck might as well get that rack too so that I can make my commute easier...we'll see how that works out. I also ordered the sensor for my computer. Logging miles is a pain when I have no sensor...which is why I've been sticking to routes I know so that I can have an accurate log.

Anyway, here's the example of my complete idiocy when it comes to bikes...Tobie takes my bike off the stand and notices that my front hub is loose....so he tightens it for me...now...I had no idea why my tire was loose and why no matter how much I tightened it, it still felt loose to me. He just smiles and fixes it...while I mutter something stupid like "Yeah I noticed that but couldn't figure out why it's not getting tight"....DEE DA DEE! I sound like a moron...think back to high school those kick yourself in the ass moments when you realize just what a dumbass you just sounded like after saying something. That's me in the bike shop. But Thankfully Tobie doesn't tell me what a moron I am or that I shouldn't be riding a bike if I don't know a thing about it. I thank Tobie from the bottom of my heart for putting up with me....

I'll tell you about my loose chain idiot moment some other time.

Anyway, I rode away feeling pretty cool and proud of myself because he gave me kudos for putting in 1700 miles this year (I was actually right at 1700 miles when I came walking into the shop).

So, dork that I am I still felt pretty proud of myself. I still think I have a sexy bike...even if there are newer, sexier looking ones out there. It's kind of like my husband LOL.....I still think he's sexy even if he's a little older, slower, grayer. K..I'm stopping before anyone shows him this and he kicks my butt heehee!

I'm off to make dinner the kids are done with homework and the natives are getting restless folks!

Have a great night....Happy Riding!

No comments: