Saturday, November 10, 2007

Rider featured in local paper, club ride, misc.

Good Morning! It's a lovely 28 degrees outside right now. We are expecting a high of 51! BALMY!

I happened to pick up the Wednesday edition of our local paper this morning as I was walking through the house with my cup of Java. Featured in the Neighbor's section was an article about a guy who teaches at the University here in town. He rides his bike from home to work daily (30 miles each way!) year round. Now that is dedication. He also has done the 200 mile ride in death valley and is ranked 4th among the ultra cyclists (?) not sure if I have the name right of where he is ranked...but, regardless...pretty impressive. I'd love to ride a few miles with him and just chat.

I thought it was pretty cool. It seems like cycling is getting some attention around here lately. In September our local bike shop did a thing where all the employees had their car keys locked up in a display box and they rode everywhere for the month...

Today is the last scheduled Saturday ride of the year for the club, although I hear some people still meet on Saturday's and ride the route. I am riding today since I haven't ridden with the club since my birthday...that was a month and a half ago!

Tomorrow is the last Sunday ride of the year for the group...I'm going to try to ride that one as well...although I've heard it might rain and well, I just don't have the gear to ride in the cold and the rain for long distances. 5 miles to work is one thing...40 miles in the rain when it's under 50 degrees is a whole different ball game...

I bought Gaven some WWE wristbands online last night. The shipping was almost as expensive as the items I bought..what a crock! Stick it in an envelope and I know how much that costs to send! Oh well, he will be all smiles.

Riding my commuter bike today for the club ride because I don't have another bike. My husband won't let me buy my dream bike ...that beautiful Orbea ...either the Diva or the Orca would do...I'd be happy with either...then I could have a bike for commuting and a bike for riding/racing.

The beautiful Diva


The Super Sexy Orca

I'd like to do some races next year...just for giggles.
I'd also like to lose 50 lbs by next year too...but that might just be a giggle to think I can do it. Considering going to the doctor to have him check my thyroid function. After putting a little shy of 1800 miles on the bike this year a person would think I'd have managed to lose a few pounds!!!!

Karen is picking me up at 8 to ride...woohoo! I am excited and breakfast at the Kirkland Cafe is always an adventure in and of itself.

Signing off for now...more later!

Safe and Happy Riding folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.