Saturday, December 29, 2007

Truck Frustrations

Okay, this is a picture of a 95 Suburban...almost identical to the one I drive. Yes I am a biker with a gas guzzling vehicle. I have 4 children and this was really the best way to go for me. I found that a mini van just didn't have enough room for the groceries when all 6 of us were in the vehicle as well.

SO....today I took hubby to work because we are supposed to go to an NIU basketball game this afternoon and I wanted to get my errands done before the game.

I also decided I'd go into work for about an hour or two and get some stuff done. Well it all worked out nicely until I stopped at Walmart. I got back out to my truck and it won't start...

Now we've been having this problem where the cable to the battery (positive cable) gets loose and slips...so I hop out and wiggle it - hop back in - it doesn't start. I repeat this process for almost 20 minutes...it never works...

Finally I called my mother, waking her up, asked her to take me home and left the truck in the walmart parking lot...while calling my husband and telling him to bum a ride home because I'm not messing with it anymore!

1. I'm not mechanical...AT ALL!
2. I hate messing with cars.
3. I was freezing!

So, I'm home, my husband I'm sure is frustrated..but it is what it is...

I'm going to have to call the bus company and see if they are running while the college is down for winter break...I'm hoping they are because I already bought tickets for the basketball game and would like to be able to take the kids...but it's too far of a walk to head out there in the cold with them. So, we will see.

OH HAPPY DAY!

No comments: