Saturday, September 20, 2008

I think I'll go for a ride outside now the summer suns calling my name...

Okay, yeah I borrowed the title for this evenings entry from the Brady Bunch Movie and then changed a work...

So, today was indeed a gorgeous day for a bike ride. I left the house at about 6:15 a.m. I took the route through the park and as I was rounding the last corner as the gas station comes into view I saw 3 young deer standing along the bike path. I pulled out my camera but was unable to get a good shot because it was still pretty dark out. I wish I had been able to get a good picture because I'd love to share how beautiful it was.

After I got off work I rode the Sycamore to St. Charles bike path. I've never been out on it before - isn't that sad? - I really enjoyed riding it. This weekend is definately feeling like an Indian Summer. I rode the commuter bike out there -and the battery on the computer needs to be replaced - so I have no idea how fast or slow I rode, how far it was or what my cadence was - but it was once of the most enjoyable rides I've had in a long time.

I was totally exhausted when I got home though - I've never ridden that far on that bike, which weighs about ten pounds more than my road bike (before adding the weight of all the crap in my panniers...which were full because I had worked before riding out). I'm thinking it was probably about 50 miles on that bike total but I could be wrong...I'll try to figure it out...Bob says he thinks 50 or more...not too bad...I'm proud of myself. I certainly miss the lightness of the Trek though. lol!
Thanks to John for suggesting I ride it - I probably wouldn't have if he hadn't said how nice it was. I'm really tired now though :)
********************************************************************************
Other things...I turn 34 on Tuesday. My baby sister had her birthday this past Wednesday, my uncle shares my birthday and then my little brother will be having his birthday on Thursday. It's a busy time of year for our family. For my birthday I'd like a million dollars...K? haha!
*********************************************************************************

We went to the DHS Football game last night...of course we went, Cassy plays in the band! The JV team won 15 - 14 (ran a two point conversion) it was a really good game! The Varsity team won as well - I can't remember the final score I think 32 - 14 (?) but either way it was also an exciting game! Fun stuff!
*********************************************************************************
I went to the doctor the other day - lost 5 lbs in a week. That's totally stress related, but will take whatever weight loss I can get! I actually need a bunch of new clothes - everything is just hanging off of me right now. My slacks all look sloppy because I've lost so much weight and my jeans are sliding off of me -which makes them longer than they already are (I have very short legs so I don't need longer pant legs).

Anyway, that's it! Have a super weekend!

Happy Riding!

No comments: