Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Summer lovin - had me a blast.

Well, summer is gone - and the Indian Summer seems to have gone by the way side as well, the first good frost was on the ground this morning. It was darn cold out there.

It got up to about 51 today (so they say - I didn't think it felt that warm). I did good today though - I layered well, and the only thing that was cold besides my toes were my cheeks. Not even very cold - just you know, aware of the temps.

I did see several people on bikes this afternoon when I left work. One lady had a really nice set of Panniers on her bike...they looked very nice anyway, I didn't get to spend a lot of time looking at them as the two of us were heading in opposite directions. It seems that people are out trying to get those last few miles in while the weather is still nice enough to be on the bikes.

I left work and headed out to the Salvation Army- it was pretty busy in there. I was searching for the final items for the boys' Halloween Costumes. It was a good day in the Salvation Army - I managed to find a set of scrubs for Gaven's 'dead doctor' costume, black pants and shirt to go under the 'grim reaper' robe for Brendon and khaki pants, khaki shirt and a hat for Cody's 'Indiana Jones' costume. I was pretty proud of myself! I also found a nice Columbia winter coat for the boys - we have several jackets but one of the jackets is a bit tight in the shoulders for them so problem solved for the cheap price of $5.00.

Anyway, went to Wal-mart this evening and got my metformin refilled. While we were there I ran into Chanel and talked to her for a while, later as I was heading for the register I ran into Brett. Amazing the people we run into while in the Wal-mart shopping.

With the falling temps I gave in and turned on the heater tonight. I got home and I was COLD! I mean downright freezing cold. So, I gave in - Cassy is very happy about that. I had really been hoping to get to November 1st but no luck!

Well, I'm headed to bed. Thinking I'll do the yoga tape again in the morning - I really like it and am getting damned good at the walking stick pose :)

Ride safe!

No comments: