Saturday, August 8, 2009

Baby, baby, baby....

Sunday as I sat at Mass my daughter leaned over and informed me that she was pregnant. I assure you I wasn't thinking anything Holy at that moment...except perhaps Holy Shit!

Monday I took the day off and took her to the doctor. They were not able to tell us the sex, but they did inform us that she is 27 weeks pregnant and that everything looked good. She did a wonderful job hiding it. Although 2 months ago she was wearing a tank top and I asked her if she was pregnant and she gave me a very convincing no. Since then she has been wearing hoodies...those things should be banned! Considering the extremely cold temps this summer I didn't think much of it since I've had hoodies on too.

She will see the OB/GYN on the 18th to have another ultrasound. At the moment her due date is right about November 2nd. Hopefully she will have the baby on November 1st since that was my Avo's birthday.

Apparently Cassy never received my memo that I could not be made a grandmother until I was 42.

2 comments:

Sally said...

I guess she figured you wouldn't make a scene at Mass. I'll be keeping all of you in my prayers as you prepare for the baby. E-mail me your new address, too, because somewhere along the way, I'd love to send a gift, too.

gabby1 said...

Yes, I'm sure she did. We are over the initial shock now. I think everyone is simply looking at this as somehow fitting into God's plans...so we are all just getting ourselves ready for a new baby.