Monday, October 12, 2009

Caiden's Baby Blanket



Caiden Larz Croom is expected on October 31st. We aren't sure that Cassy and Caiden will wait that long for him to make his appearance.




I've been working on a baby blanket for him - but it's taken me a while....I've been just a little bit busy. This weekend I did manage to finish his blanket (shown below) and make apple turnovers from scratch with no recipe...and amazingly they turned out so well that I think I will bring them for the dessert for our Potluck at work.




Okay, here is his blanket.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Did you follow a pattern for this or just make up your own pattern?

I will say again, that I really like it! Can't wait to see the little dress you are making, too. I have seen a couple patterns that I would like to knit for my niece.

gabby1 said...

No, I don't think I've ever followed a pattern for a blanket...I usually start them with one idea and then end up tearing it down and starting over when I decide I don't like it and want to do something else. :) I do however have an afghan pattern that I would really love to make this winter.

I wish I could knit - but probably not enough to try to figure it out - I have no patience for learning something and being slow at it when I'm as fast as I am crocheting. LOL! Plus I think with knitting you really do have to follow a pattern to the tee...and I'm no good at that - I always tweak patterns as I'm doing them :)