Saturday, August 7, 2010

News, News and more news...

Well, no news is good news right?
Bob is back at work. HURRAY! Now to get caught up on some bills...but you know - that takes a little time but we are hacking away.

He saw the oncologist yesterday - good news - everything is still clear...he will be seen again in 2 months.

I put in my two weeks at Tom & Jerry's! Big hurray! Not that I didn't like the job - but working two jobs for 14 months and still trying to handle family issues is ridiculous.

On a sad note - We found out last night that my uncle Victor, who lives in Portugal died yesterday. His son came home and found him. Now the police are investigating it as a possible murder because there was someone seen running from the house and my uncle had trauma to the head; they think from a baseball bat.
My cousin is living here (his oldest son) with his wife and newborn daughter. His wife is also here to help with the new baby. His daughter and other son are there...his youngest son is who found him :(
My cousin Sonia apparently needed to be taken to the hospital and given tranquilizers because she is so beside herself and her blood pressure was becoming dangerously high.
I never met my uncle, but grew up with stories of him and even though we never spoke I certainly felt like I knew him.
My heart goes out to my family members and friends of the family who were so very close to him. It is indeed a sad day....
I spent the morning with my mother, who has desperately been trying to find a flight there in time for the funeral...however, the cheapest round trip flight she can find is just shy of $5,000.00 dollars.

I'm going to go clean house now...so many things to do on my only day off from either job this week.

God Bless!

No comments: