Sunday, May 6, 2012

Camera Bag Insert...

I purchased through the company Thirty-One a very cute Messenger Bag  to carry my camera and lenses in. I really hated the bag that I had (Nikon Camera Bag that was purchased with the camera). I happened to come across a tutorial when I was scrolling through some Do-It-Yourself projects on Pintrest. The blog that had the tutorial had it in PDF form so I could print it out. The instructions were simple enough that even I could follow along. I do not sew, I know the basics but haven't sewn a true pattern project since I was in Jr. High.

After printing out the instructions it was off to Hobby Lobby to looks for the items I was going to need. Aside from adhesive spray (that stuff is a pain in the rear end), and foam I also needed to pick a material for my insert....


Here is the material I chose...I ended up picking up an extra yard and a half because I really liked the print and I figure I can make other stuff (I have had my eye on another tutorial for a really cute bag).

I picked up the foam and the spray adhesive while there and then it was back home to dig my sewing machine from the craft area (I promise I do not use it very often). 

I am very happy with the finished project...even if I had to redo one of the bags because I didn't pay attention and forgot to sew the velcro to it BEFORE sewing it up...and even though it is not perfect...I had a lot of trouble cutting 1 inch foam with my scissors (is there a tool for this?)...it is mine, I completed the project in very little time and with a minimal amount of self-doubt. 

The biggest HURRAY of the day...it all went together and fit inside the messenger bag just about perfectly and functions EXACTLY as I needed it to! WOOT! 
 Here is the Messenger Bag with the idea that I would use it as my camera bag.

The PATTY PIXX tag on my bag.




The finished product. It is also very light weight and this messenger bag is SO much easier to carry around than the big bulky square camera bag I had before. 


No comments: