Friday, July 6, 2007

All moved in....

Add Image

Gaven standing outside the new house

As my little brother sang "We're a movin on up...."

Well, we are all moved into the new house. For the most part we are unpacked other than a few boxes here and there that I just haven't gotten around to but which are not in the grand scheme terribly important (xbox games etc).

The move went really well, nice and smooth, everything labeled and ready to go. Also everyone who said they would actually showed up! Who could ask for more! Sunday morning when I was taking the moving truck back to the rental place I went to step out of the van (24 ft van + the cab..which sat pretty high). Being the farm raised girl that I am I turned around to go down the steps backwards...and clutz that I am, I missed the first step totally and fell 4 feet or so to the ground....yeah that was marvelous! I hit my right hip on the ground then my back but managed to keep the rest of me from slamming into the ground.

I have a bruise the size of Texas on my ass. lol....



I also began commutting to work from the new house. It's 4.64 miles to work and if I take any detours on my way to or from I cover 10 + miles a day. That's an extra 50 a week...not bad at all!



No comments: