Friday, October 5, 2007

My Uncle

is in the hospital. I just found out yesterday but didn't really have time to post. My mother called tonight to tell me that my aunt told her that he's "Just fine"

Well that would make sense if we called their house and asked how he was but he's in the hospital and is still there with no idea of when he's being discharged...so if he were just fine....well........he wouldn't be in the hospital. Comments like those drive me bonkers.

Now, here's what's got me still awake (besides waiting to pick up my kid from the homecoming game)....I realize that my aunts and uncles are getting older...I also realize, especially after my Godfather, my Uncle Joe died. He was so important in my life and I don't know that he knew how important he was to me, or how much I respected him. I emailed him all the time for advice and he was always so patient with me. He never told me what an Idiot I was being, he was always wonderful, loving and understanding. He died of a sudden heart attack...it seriously broke my heart.

So now another family member is in the hospital and it hits me that I've not told him how much I love him. I mean when we see each other we say "love ya" and such but I just don't want to live with regrets for not saying the important stuff.

Note to self....don't worry about being cheesy with the family, just say how much I love em all!

Okay off to pick up the oldest from the game...peace and love!

For any of my family or friends that are reading this... I LOVE YA!

No comments: