Thursday, October 11, 2007

Playing Chicken with the Squirrels

Today riding home on my bike I ran across an interesting thing. As I was on the bike path that runs through a really nice wooded area a squirrel ran out in front of me and STOOD THERE....playing chicken with me...after I slammed on my brakes he ran off into the woods again...I'm sure chuckling with all his buddies. So I start riding again, shaking my head over the whole incident. I'm getting back up to speed when another squirrel or possibly the same one jumps on to the path a little in front of me and starts zig zagging on the path in front of me...causing me to again have to slam on my brakes. Once I'm almost stopped, he of course takes off into the woods from whence he came, to laugh some more at the stupid people on the bike path no doubt.

Isn't that just bizarre?

No comments: