Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Suicidal Squirrels, Halloween Parade and Local Bike Shop

Okay....today was the Halloween Parade at my sons school. So, in order to see all 3 of my boys I jumped on my bike, left work early (but not as early as I had intended) and rode hard to catch the parade.
While riding my little heart out, I of course went through the bike path....the same on that a week or so ago I had the squirrels playing chicken on....today they gave me a new twist. One of the little critters ran out right at my front wheel. I had no time to do anything but grab my handlebars tightly and hold on. He hits my spokes, spins up, hits my fork and falls backwards then runs back into the woods. I hope he's alright. I'm thankful that I didn't crash, break anything on my bike and that there are no blood and guts on my bike either.
So, I get to the school, breathing hard and hoping I haven't missed the parade since I'm now 7 minutes late. I get to the street that they are supposed to turn on to go back into the school just as the first Kindergarten teacher comes around the corner. I was thrilled to have made it in time.
Now my kids hadn't expected to see me...I had told them when they asked that I wasn't sure if I would be there but not to be disappointed if they didn't see me. It almost brought a tear to my eyes when they each saw me standing there waving at them and saw that big smile spread across their faces! I was so happy that I was able to make them that happy!

After the parade I rode out to our Local Bike Shop and talked to Tobie about making my Trek commuter friendly for the fall/winter/spring. I also talked to, I think, Mary (forgive me if that's the wrong name...if it's not Mary it's Kathy). Anyway, we discussed the new Orbea's that they are carrying now. Talk about lusting after something. That bike is Sexy!

Anyway, that has been my day thus far. I have to take a quick shower, make something quick for the kids for dinner then take them out trick or treating! Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Peace, love and all those things!

No comments: