Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Few 5:20 a.m. thoughts.

Bob had to leave for work at 4:30 A.M. today. That of course meant me getting up at 4 a.m. to make coffee and a lunch for him.

When he left I jumped on the treadmill and ran a mile...okay only a mile but dang my legs feel cashed...sprinted the last .10 of it.

This treadmill business brings me to the realization that no matter how much I bike, I can still cash my legs running. I had been running 2 miles a day prior to taking up (hard core) biking this summer. I figured it was a good time to get back into running now that the cold weather is upon us and I won't be taking many Saturday or Sunday morning long rides.

I also did crunches...hate those things. Think tomorrow I'll do one of THE FIRM workouts and maybe not run. Gonna try to keep switching it up so that I can fend off boredom from indoor workouts for as long as possible.

I think I need to buy some heavier weights for working out at home. I have 5 lb dumbbells and that's just not enough for an upper body workout.

Let's see....what else? I'm hoping Mary B. will work the front desk today because there's so much stuff I need to get done.

I'm going to stay at work till it's time to leave for parent teacher conferences. Then bike over so that I look super sexy in my sweatpants which have been custom sewn for a better biking experience! LOL!

Jennifer and I were discussing poetry for some reason yesterday...oh yeah, because I said I'd rather stick my head in an oven and inhale fumes than sit at the front desk for 8 hours a day....really being tied to a desk is not the job for me! She laughed and said who the hell would do that? I replied Sylvia Plath...which led to a discussion about her poetry, which I find deep, dark and twisted....probably the reason I love it so much! Jennifer really doesn't know much about her poetry so I'm taking her book 'Arial' in to work today to give her.

This led me to pull out my own personal notebook of poetry when I got home. I'm considering looking into how to get a book of poetry published. I've got an entire notebook filled with poems...so we'll see....If anyone has such information please pass it on and save me some time on research. I'd appreciate it.

That's about it. I'm having one more cup of Folgers before I jump in the shower and start getting little cuties up....

Oh wait...another thought. I failed to mention that yesterday was the visitation for a girl who was a C.N.A. at Bethany. 2 months ago she was having shoulder pain. The doctor found that she had tumors all over her lungs and I'm not sure where else. She was only 26 years old. She has 3 little kids who will never get to spend anymore time with their mommy and don't get to make any more memories with her.
That really knocked me around emotionally. I look at my kids and can't imagine how much pain she must have gone through knowing that she was going to die and didn't have much time left with them and how much pain they must be feeling now!

It was one of those God reaching down and slapping me on the head saying "hey pay attention and be grateful."

So my parting thought for the day is:

Savor each moment we are given with our families, with our children because we never know when the last time that we can look at them and enjoy them will be.

God Bless!

Happy and Safe Riding Folks!

3 comments:

amidnightrider said...

The legs. I can relate to that for sure.
I just rode my bike across Austria with no problems at all but
I play racquetball and do kickboxing and after either one, my legs are toast.

amidnightrider said...

The legs. I can relate to that for sure.
I just rode my bike across Austria with no problems at all but
I play racquetball and do kickboxing and after either one, my legs are toast.

gabby1 said...

Crazy isn't it?