Monday, November 5, 2007

Nothing like waking up before the Roosters!

This morning I was awake at 4 a.m. I know we just had the time change, but usually my butt is dragging until 6 a.m. Don't know what that's all about.
I should jump on the treadmill but I really hate my treadmill, it's just not as comfortable to use as the one at the YMCA...plus I'm afraid of falling off of this one.
However, I've got to do something, as the days get shorter and the winter sets in I'm prone to gaining weight and believe me that is just not necessary! During moments like this I really really miss my pre-pregnancy body! Size 0...yeah that's right a size 0! Even my body after the first two but before the twins would work...I was only a size 8!

Anyway, sorry for the whining..so, I need to do something and am looking into different things for the winter. My sis who lives in North Carolina has taken up running, and when she comes to visit I'd like to be able to go running with her, but this treadmill scares me folks...keeping my eye out for a different kind...

Other than that it seems like it's going to be a pretty nice day (I know this because I walked outside to get my bike out of the truck and it's pretty mild for this time of year).

I have to go to St. Charles today for a meeting about changes to Medicaid policy for Nursing Home Residents who need transportation....fun and interesting stuff (SNORE).

I had a decent week on the bike, not like I had in the summer but decent for the time of year and considering I didn't ride on Saturday or Sunday. 54.89 miles. Not too bad for just commuting.

If I get a true commuter bike I think I might also buy one of those trailers for pulling kids but instead of using it for that I would just hook that baby up, and head to the grocery store. Then I could load grocery's into that instead of driving. That would be fantastic!!!

Have I mentioned that I'm having Thanksgiving for my whole family here at my house? I'm stressing about this. Even my cousins are coming! YIKES! I think the dogs are going to be in the game room while dinner is served because being the big spoiled babies that they are they will sit right by the table waiting for droppings! I get paid this week so I'm going to go buy all the stuff I need for food etc. Also I need to buy peanut oil so that Bob can deep fry those turkeys!

Oh, quick note I saw the NE vs. Ind game...congrats to my buddy MidnightRider I believe I read in one of his posts that he's a NE fan.

My brother and I were fighting about basketball this weekend. Here's the deal...I loved NBA basketball for years. I was a huge Lakers fan...mainly because of Magic Johnson, who I have a signed picture of.
My brother thinks Michael Jordon is the best player of all time...I concede maybe he is....but...I stopped watching basketball a couple years ago...right after ARTEST jumped into the stands and started hitting fans! I thought it was terribly irresponsible of the commissioner of the NBA to allow him to come back and play at all. I wrote a letter to him stating just that...and explaining that I would lose my job, and the ability to ever work in health care for hitting anyone...and I made a much smaller wage than Mr. ARTEST. I also explained that until the NBA actually got rid of these snot nosed, irresponsible, hot tempered, foul mouthed players when they act out like that (towards bystanders, and fans...I honestly don't care if they pummel each other on the court) that I would no longer watch NBA basketball at all. I have stuck to my end of the bargain! Just stopped watching it all together. I couldn't even tell you who has won Title's since then...because I flip past it on the tv, or in the newspaper or wherever it's being discussed. My brother thinks I'm an idiot and that my stance makes me "NOT A TRUE FAN" I disagree....I think it shows only that I'm a stubborn woman who sticks to the threats that I make. Opinions anyone?
I also still think Magic Johnson was the best player!

I would much rather watch College basketball and considering that I live in a college town I can go to games with my family for under 30 bucks! Those kids play because they love the game...or because they have to to keep their full ride scholarships, either way they aren't really paid for it so they play with heart...and their attitudes are better than those guys who are young and in the NBA...My biggest point is that there are way too many punks running around who don't show any RESPECT....or as my husband says ...you can take the person out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto outta the person....yeah that about sums it up!
And before anyone says anything I think M. Vick should never be allowed to play in the NFL again either...again, you can take the person outta the ghetto.....you know the rest!

So thats my whining and ranting for the morning.

No comments: