Thursday, November 8, 2007

People and their leafblowers

Today riding to work in the morning I was on the bike path. In some areas of the paths you are right at the edge of someone's back yard. So today I hear all this noise and look over expecting to see a lawnmower perhaps...instead a lady is standing underneath a tree...with a leafblower...blowing the leaves away from the tree. Now she has 4 or 5 trees in a row that seem to cut her yard and her neighbors yards from each other. There is grass on both sides so it's not like it's on a walkway or anything. But it just struck me as funny...she was blowing the leaves away from under the tree...

I know some people are fanatical about their yards...but leaves are a part of nature and I just don't see what the need for this is...people have too much time on their hands...I dunno...maybe I'm just being nit picky here with it but honest to goodness...the leaves are beautiful, they are under the tree which is going to continue to lose leaves...thus there will be more leaves on the ground later today, tomorrow and the day after....

There is also the price of gas to consider...c'mon people let's be smart...We are paying over 3 bucks a gallon for gas and you are wasting it on blowing leaves around your yard...now that part of it is just idiotic..and really if she wanted the leaves gone she could have grabbed a rake...I mean really she could use a little exercise and she could have saved a bit of gas...

We Americans ...or should I say you American's...no wait I guess I am born and raised here even if I do stick closely to my Portuguese roots....We Americans are a wasteful bunch! I won't even say that I don't fall in that category too...we all do, but let's make an effort! I was reading someone's blog the other night and he was talking about these types of things...smart man! Some of the stuff he was talking about I had to open a new browser window to google what the heck he was saying but it made good sense..

Silly people! Leave the Leaves alone! :) Save a little gas...use a Rake!

Peace, love, safe and happy riding...

No comments: