Thursday, November 8, 2007

Portugal and other things on my mind.

I am really strongly considering going to Portugal in the late spring with Bob. Not with my mother because it will just be too weird.

So meeting my dad is not the priority. I'd rather hang out with my cousin Ruben and his wife Illiana. They are both awesome people and close to my age so we could actually do stuff together! No kids on this trip just Bob and I.

Meeting my father is not all that important to me. He has chosen to live his life without me in it and having a father in my life at the ripe age of 33 isn't going to change things for me. Needed a dad back when I was a kid...and honestly unless he's going to start being involved ---what's the point?

However, I would like to go to the Acores, see the place my parents are from, see where my Avo' used to live. Go sit by the ocean or on the cliffe's looking out at the ocean. These are the things I long to do. I want to ride my bike around the island and enjoy life from that point of view for a week or two.

I'm going to contact Illiana and see what she thinks...figure out exactly what the cost is going to be...then figure out what to do with the kids while we are gone! LOL!

So, this might not happen this coming spring but hopefully before 2010!

Okay, I may have lied here, there's not much on my mind other than that and the fact that I'm a little tired...thought I was going to go to sleep but that second wind hit and I just couldn't sleep right away! Was back up at 4:30! UGH!

Have a super day! Happy and safe riding my friends!

No comments: