Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Religious Ed, IL Dept of Labor, new gear and blah blah blah!

Well I'm teaching the Religious Education class --- actually RCIC which I'm excited about...and a bit nervous! I picked up some material today on my way home. So, I'll be going over that. First meeting is the 28th.

I talked to the people at the Illinois Department of Labor...apparently they can have you do either direct deposit or a prepaid debit card. However, and this is where my company screwed up, they have to make sure that there is a bank where you can go in and use your prepaid debit card to withdraw the entire amount of your pay....Our company did not do this. I didn't actually report them. I asked the guy questions and then went and discussed it with our Administrator. I guess that they are working with one of our local banks to make this happen.

I rode into work today. It was 25 degrees when I left. The sewn up sweatpants worked out well for me. The new (used) coat kept me nice and warm. I had a pair of cycling socks and a pair of regular socks on so my feet were nice and toasty and I had my hat and big fat gloves on...It was a good ride. There was little to no wind, so that was fabulous. I felt like I was flying cuz I wasn't fighting the wind the whole time. The crossing guard thinks I'm insane to still be riding but I love it. The rack worked out nicely as well, and I had more freedom of movement since I didn't have to have that bag on my back. On the way home I got to try out the new headlight. I'm not sure how well I like it, I might need to adjust it because it didn't really light up my path very well although people coming towards me could certainly see me.

Thanksgiving is fast approaching. I still need to pick things up for it...yikes. Gotta get a move on. I'm also going to work on a list of all the things I need to finish before everyone comes over.

Had to pick up Kitty LItter tonight because my sons cat craps all the time...good grief...are they supposed to crap that much? I mean I think the cat has IBS...whew! :)

Okay that's it for now. I think I'm going to be able to go to sleep tonight cuz I'm exhausted. Put on almost 15 more miles tonight. I think I'm right around 1720 miles right now. I'm going to try to do the Sunday ride with the group as it's the last ride of the year (scheduled) for the club...that will give me another 50 miles which would mean I'd only need another 200 miles to get to 200 miles since I still have 2 days of commuting left for the week. I'd love to get in 2000 miles this year! I'd do a big goofy dance! It would be goofy
due to my lack of any sort of rhythm when it comes to dancing!

Okay, now that's really it for now. Although if the insomnia thing hits I'll be back (Doing my best imitation of Arnold S. right now). :) Yeah I'm feeling a little goofy tonight!

Nite...happy and safe riding all!

No comments: