Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Blah Blah UGH

Today was just a blah and ugh kind of day. I woke up feeling fine, ate, got the kids off to school and biked into work (17 degrees and windy). About 30 minutes after I got there my stomach was hurting, a headache was coming on strong and I felt really dizzy. You know how you get when you are coming down with a cold or the flu?

By lunch time I wasn't feeling any better...what the heck? I called class parents and let them know that I didn't really feel so hot and I thought it was better to cancel the baptism prep classes tonight because I really didn't want to get a bunch of kids sick right before the holiday...I didn't think that would be very nice.

So, I don't feel great but I don't seem to be getting worse. Maybe I can sleep it off - whatever it is.

Joyce is still in the hospital and now they are talking about her being gone for a month....WHAT? Good grief, I don't have enough time to get her stuff and mine done! CRIPES!

Anyway, that's about it...not much else happening and I'm tired and going to try to get the boys in bed pretty soon so I can crawl into my warm bed with my dogs surrounding me and get some rest.

OH....final thought. I am considering attaching a large sign to the back of my winter riding coat that says something along the lines of

"Give me a few feet, my kids want me home tonight"

because today a school bus passed me and almost ran me off the road! Considered calling the bus company but I figure if I do that - they hear about it - they see me again soon after and they will run me over or off the road....so maybe I'll keep my mouth shut....or give the benefit of the doubt....

Maybe I should write a letter to the editor of the newspaper and they could publish it about bikes and cars sharing the roads!

Happy and Safe Riding Friends!

No comments: