Friday, December 14, 2007

An Interesting Conversation

Tonight my little brother was over and began a discussion that I think he knew would get me going - seeing as how he's known me, my beliefs and my personality for a long time.

He mentioned that he had been watching t.v. with his roommate and on the news they were discussing how some people are pushing for implanting devices into us to help 'track' us in case we are lost...especially for certain groups of people...for example, young children and elderly people with Alzheimer's.

His roommate thinks this is the best idea since cable television....I disagree...passionately.

1 - does anyone not believe in privacy anymore?

2 - Doesn't anyone see how this whole idea can go terribly wrong?

3 - Hasn't anyone read the book of Revelation? Try chapter 13 people.

4 - There is a quote somewhere and I can't remember who said it that goes something like this (sorry I'm sure I'll chop it up pretty badly but the gist of it is:)

If you put fear in the people, they will systematically give up their rights for the promise that their government will protect them from what they fear.



The whole idea that human beings need to be protected by our government to the extent that it's going is ludicrous...and I'm amazed at the intelligent people whom I know that say it's a great idea....

No one needs to know exactly where I am at all times....if I'm going to be abducted and murdered...it's going to most likely happen quickly enough that no one is going to realize I'm gone until after the deed is done...so that means...what? You might locate my body a little faster? For what purpose? No one can save me by the time you find me....

These same people, and some of you are my dear friends, also don't believe that our government (local, state, national) is capable of turning against us and using this kind of knowledge in a bad way.....think again folks!

Anyway, this was the conversation starter that has me all riled up. :)

Have a good night people! Think hard about what you want our government being able to do....

Happy and Safe riding....

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

Just over a year to go and we can fix this mess we are in.

Jan 20th can't come soon enough.

gabby1 said...

Not sure it will ever be fixed but we can hope and vote!