Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New Stuff

Got my new desk at work today. Let me clarify. I have been asking for a real desk as I've had a credenza to work on for about 6 months now (due to getting my own office instead of sharing one). I filled out a capital budget request form the other day and our regional came in and approved it - handed it to me and said "Order it"!
When it came in it was missing the drawers...so they had to send those...then Monday the drawers came in but the maintenance guy wasn't able to get it all together until last night long after I had left work.

This morning I was told that it was ready and to let them know when I wanted it moved in there (6 months ago....) so I had to move everything, put stuff in boxes and milk crates in order for them to take the credenza out and then put the new desk in. It's a beautiful Lexington Executive desk...I also got a new chair with it...not leather because I really am not a big fan of leather but it's super comfy.

So, it was a happy day and I spent about 2 hours working on the new desk thing (packing up and then unpacking and rearranging).

All in all it was a good day! I even accomplished some stuff. So, happy happy joy joy!

We took Vivian to the vet the other day who suggested a diet for her..so we've been watching what she's eating. I don't think she's really happy about this, she keeps picking up her bowl and dropping it in front of us. Then gives us this look like "What the heck is wrong with you people...I need food."

Okay maybe that's not what she's thinking but it is what my guilt is telling me she's thinking.

I also am being very careful with what I eat...although I did eat a chocolate chip cookie today ....it was damn good too!

I've lost 12 lbs so far...Which is great except I need to drop about another 38 lbs! UGH!
I also need to buy new running shoes - the treadmill isn't getting much use because I've worn the back part of my shoe away and so I get blisters on the back of my foot from running...which is why I haven't been doing much running.

Bob's been working a lot again - thankfully - we never seem to have enough money lol - I know this is everyone's plight! I am thankful though that we have a house to live in that I LOVE! Our kids are mostly healthy and the only medical stuff I have to worry about right now is Cardiology check ups for the twins and glasses for Gaven, Bob and myself...everything will be staggered out over the next few months.

Oh, and I have 2 more families who have kids that need to be prepared for a baptism so I'll be doing classes again soon. Pretty cool.

That's it for now!

Be safe and Happy!

No comments: