Monday, February 25, 2008

Being Sickly

I haven't posted much lately because I've been very ill - this bug that's going around is a stinker to get rid of. Although I was feeling very well yesterday - enough so to get my housework all finished and make it to Mass...I am not feeling quite as hot this morning. This morning I'm full of phlegm. Gross huh?

I will be commuting into work this morning on the Wingra - the weather has turned warmer and well, once you have the cycling bug it's difficult to get rid of. I recently picked up a pair of G. Hincapie (sp) cycling gloves and a balaclava. I still have not been able to get that commuter rack on the back of my wingra - apparently I need to take it into the bike shop because I'm having a heck of a time.

Tomorrow is Cody's cardiology appointment - I think he's a little freaked out about it. I think also that his twin brother Brendon is feeling a little left out with all the attention Cody has been getting lately...will need to do something special with him this weekend.

A cyclist was killed yesterday in Chicago. Very sad news. No charges have been filed in the death - apparently the group of cyclists were riding and at least this guy ran a red light and went into oncoming traffic. I believe they said he was 29 years old...

Only a few weeks until mom's surprise birthday party - I'm getting excited. I hope we have a great turn out. I need to get on the ball about ordering the food for catering as well as taking Cassy to get the decorations.

Speaking of Cassy - 2 things - today she has softball try-outs. She's nervous. So keep your fingers crossed that she does well. Also, as I've mentioned before she has her drivers permit - and has been driving everyone everywhere....I'm enjoying it. She's a good driver and it's almost like being chauffeured around town.

Okay, I was going to go run 2 miles but with being so full of phlegm today I think I will forgo the run and the exercise altogether since I'll be riding in and don't want to kill myself.

Have a safe and happy day folks!

No comments: