Monday, February 18, 2008

Maiden Voyage of the Gary Fisher Wingra

I rode in this morning ~ despite the cold temps (20 degrees) with wind gusts of 30 mph. Fun stuff.

I was able to ride the new bike - my commuter. That really beautiful Gary Fisher Wingra.

The guys at the bike shop did a great job putting everything together for me. It rides like a dream...I need to adjust the seat just a bit for a nice full pedal stroke but other than that it's perfect (except that I can't get the rack on the back because my brackets aren't long enough - will talk to Tobie about this tomorrow and see what he can figure out).

I can tell the difference in the weight....I had to work much harder (maybe it was mostly because of the biting wind...).

Anyway, great ride in... interesting to ride in an upright position instead of being more hunched over like I am on the Trek.

The kids are all home from school today so I'll stay late and get a couple extra hours in because something is bound to happen during the week that will make me have to leave early :)

Stay safe out there...oh yeah and a big fat thanks to the people who passed slowly and even went far out to their left to avoid being too close to me this morning...there was a lot of ice on the roads and although I manged to keep the rubber down I was a bit nervous but everyone was very gracious this morning!

Have a great day everyone!

Oh, on a quick side note....those who know me know that I love history - not just American History either, if anyone has read anything good in this area that they want to recommend please do so as I'm looking for a good read!

No comments: