Sunday, February 17, 2008

Abe Lincoln, Cody and a Wingra


Okay the title doesn't really make sense but it will once you've read this.

Gaven's class had to pick an influential person in History and portray them while giving a speech. Gaven picked Abraham Lincoln. The kids all did a great job with costumes it was fabulous. One girl was Diana Ross, another kid was Elvis, another was Vivaldi. I can't remember what everyone did but those are the ones that really stood out.

He did a great job and I had the pleasure of being in the classroom to watch it. I video taped it which I need to upload but because he speaks so quietly the speech is pretty much not able to be heard. As soon as I upload it I will post it on here.

We had a bit of a scare with Cody, he got to school the other day and was having chest pains, we went to the ER. they contacted his cardiologist after running a lot of tests and they have him scheduled to be seen on February 26th, which seems like a long way out but when you consider that I usually call in February to make sure I can get an appointment in May I think it's a pretty good deal. Until he is cleared he is unable to do any physical activities that would increase his heart rate (running, biking, gym and recess are out!). Poor kid....he hates sitting still...what 7 year old doesn't?

I picked up my Wingra - But I can't get my rack to sit on it right....the attachment piece for the front is not long enough, I'll shoot Tobie and email and see if he has a longer piece he can get for me.

Okay, other than that life is pretty normal. Did I mention Cassy has her drivers permit now? She loves driving and I have to say, she's pretty good at it and I like sitting in the passenger seat relaxing!

Be safe out there!


No comments: