Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to work I go

Thankfully all the little sickies are looking better this morning. Cody is no longer running a fever. Brendon is running about a 1 degree temp...which could be because of all the fleece the child has on himself. Gaven is back up and just fine.

So, thankfully I'll be hopping on the Black Stallion...(yeah I named the Wingra) and pedaling to work! It is raining out at the moment, but it's only 6 a.m. I'm hoping that by the time I head out the door it has stopped or at least lightened to a minimal kind of drizzle/mist.

I should work a 12 hour day but that won't be happening as Karen and I have to go to the bike shop and discuss the ride schedule with Tobie. Karen and I are leading a Saturday ride out of DeKalb and meeting our club in Kirkland for breakfast - this will give the riders in DeKalb a chance to mingle and realize that having a club is a huge social thing. We are also leading a ride on Wednesday nights. This one will be nice as well. Wednesday night rides from the bike shop have been for the guys who ride FAST! We will lead a ride that takes the same route but that we can lead at a slower pace which might bring some of those that aren't comfortable trying to ride with all the guys in matching spandex.

I'm really sore and don't know if it is to blamed on the biking or on throwing the softball around with Sassy - Sunday's ride with the club was 25 miles of holy cow I'm not used to this riding! Have I ever mentioned that the two things I dislike when biking are 1. WIND and 2. HILLS? Really going to work on that this season. I bought a new computer so I can watch my cadence and see if that helps me become a stronger rider. Dropping 50 lbs would probably make those hills easier to climb as well. I'm working on that too ;)

Okay, that's it for now. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the pictures from my phone to my computer - I seem to have missed something when reading the how to book.

Have a great day and be safe out there!



No comments: