Monday, June 23, 2008

Driving to Springfield

This morning I will be leaving for Springfield. I think I might ride my bike out to Salem while I'm there. I haven't been to Salem in YEARS! Since the 8th grade field trip as a matter of fact! Salem is where they have the Abe Lincoln tour - the log cabins, the monuments and all that good stuff. I'll take some pictures and just generally enjoy myself.

I think I may be hooking up with someone from Bikejournal - we'll see. Would be fun to meet some of the people that I communicate with online in the biking world.

I'm a little tired today as my husband had to be at work at 4 a.m. and when he got up something happened with the truck and he couldn't get it started - he'll work on that tonight when he gets home.

Okay, well I'm all ready and just waiting until the car rental place opens - I'll grab a bite to eat before I leave, stop off at work long enough to pick up my junk for the conference and then head out the door at around lunch time. I'll stop back home to grab my bike and then off I'll go. I have the CD case packed so that I can have some good tunes for the ride down.

OOOOHHHHH big news, did I mention that I managed to get tickets to the Poison Concert on July 19th??? Well if not - let me say I SCORED TICKETS TO GO SEE POISON IN JULY ALONG WITH SEEING BRETT MICHAELS (DROOL) AND CC DEVILLE, ----SEBASTIAN BACH WILL ALSO BE THERE!!!!! Okay, yes I am excited about this. I haven't been to a concert in a long time - plus I'm taking my daughter to this concert because she is ubber cool and loves pretty much all the same music that I do (the old stuff from the 80's - scary to think the 80's was a long time ago)!
So, that's something we are looking forward to.

I'm also in on the raffle at work which is for 2 rooftop tickets to the Cubs game on July 26th. If I win them I'm sending Bob and Gaven so that they can have some daddy - son time.

Okay that's about it!

Take care and be safe!

No comments: