Monday, June 23, 2008

Safe Arrival

Good evening! It's 4:30 p.m. on Monday evening. I have safely arrived in Springfield. It was a heck of a drive - especially for someone who rarely drives! Oh my gosh! It took about 3.5 hours if you take out the time it took to stop for a bathroom break and grab a quick bite to eat.

I had to cross the Illinois River - first, let me mention that I have always disliked the act of driving over a bridge. In all honesty I'd feel safer walking over a bridge - this may be a throw back to years in the back seat of the family Monte Carlo while my stepfather drove us on vacation while looking out the passenger side window - even while we were crossing bridges. I from the backseat would be worried sick that we were going to run into the people in front of us and cause them to go over the side of the bridge or that we would be the ones going over...so now I had to cross the river - not only do I rarely drive and dislike crossing rivers in the first place (it has more to do with high bridges) but the bridge is under construction ----thus, one lane that felt like the size of oh I don't know - an ice cream sandwich! Okay, exaggeration? yes. Of course but I was a little wigged out on the bridge! I made it over safely and gave a thanks to the angel set to watch over me! Other than that I made great time. The rental car rocks - I think I might have to look into buying one of them - it's a Toyota Yaris. Nice! I think Cassy would like it too!

So, here I am safe and sound - all by myself - but I think I'm going to go pick up some dinner soon and stop someplace to pick up a soda and a bag of sunflower seeds for later in the night while I'm sitting on my bed reading.

Oh, I also picked up the new Bret Michaels CD today so that I'd have something fun to listen to. I'm still listening to it - trying to decided how I feel about it - seems all right - some of the songs are so so but there are also a few that I really like. So, good buy I guess.

Okay, that's it - stay safe folks and if you're from Springfield and want to meet up and ride with me shoot me an email at gabriela168@yahoo.com.

Talk soon!

1 comment:

amidnightrider said...

Oh boy, a conference in Springfield. You must be sooo excited? 8>)

When my kids were young I would have my wife drop us so we could walk across the Bourne Bridge over the Cape Cod canal. She would drive over and wait for us on the other side.

She never told us how terrified she was driving over bridges and the three of us would make her do it alone.