Monday, July 21, 2008

Bicycling with Beanzie

Sunday morning (following dancing and jumping around at the concert) I jumped on my bike - met up with John from the weekly rides and rode the Bicycling with Beanzie ride. It was a 100 mile ride (a little more when you add the ride to the school, and the extra mileage that they never fully account for on the map). Anyway, it was a pretty muggy day and at mile 82 my right knee felt like it was going to explode! I actually got off the bike and sat on the side of the road for about 5 or so minutes - when I got to the next rest stop I took some Excedrin and finished off the ride without too many more problems. We averaged 14.9 mph for the ride ...I don't think that's too bad - especially considering that my knee was bothering me and it was so warm that eating was a little difficult.

Anyway, I don't have any pics - because I think that everyone thinks I'm insane for wanting to take pics. lol ....maybe next time - or maybe they will post some on the website that I can get a hold of.

Today my knee is still hurting like hell! I have my trusty ole brace on it and hopefully in the next few days it will stop hurting - it was fun and totally worth it - although I think I held John up some there at the end....

I did my normal work commute today - John emailed me to see if I did or not - apparently he thought I might wuss out! haha!

Ride safe!

No comments: