Thursday, July 24, 2008

The music moves me...

I reloaded my mp3 player - threw some Skid Row and Poison on there. I haven't ridden with my mp3 player on in a long time but I did yesterday and I did today and I have to say ....the music moves me. I'm faster with my favorite tunes in my right ear.

Today I rode the Trek, mainly because I had to make a court appearance to pay that stupid ticket, and the G.F.W. is pretty heavy compared to the Trek. I also didn't want to leave all my crap in my panniers while I stood inside the court house waiting to give them my hard earned money. So I loaded the backpack, threw on my black capri sweatpants and one of Bob's 'wife beaters', turned on the mp3 player and rode to Sycamore on the bike path listening to Ozzy, Skid Row, Greenda, Poison and some other stuff. The ride into Sycamore averaged in at 16.5 mph and I wasn't really pushing too hard...(note to self: work on pedaling correctly instead of pushing so much).

After paying the outrages ticket fee, and bumping into only one person from high school, who happened to be someone I liked, I headed back over to my bike (which I had to park in front of the cycle shop in Sycamore because there isn't a bike rack at the courthouse...think I might have to send the city of Sycamore a letter about that), and rode into work , making a quick stop to get a large sweet tea at the McDonalds.

Worked till 5 p.m. Had a pretty good day as the Admin. was joking around and being nice to me today, apparently it wasn't pick on Patty day....unusual...maybe he's just holding out till tomorrow so he can really make the day miserable. I Concentrated on pedaling correctly, which increased my speed while keeping my legs from feeling so drained. Came across 5 guys on mountain bikes while on the path, who didn't bother to get out of my way even as we came onto the sidewalk at 1st street (I had a few choice words but kept my mouth shut)...so I cut across and headed down first street, praying I wouldn't get hit by people so eager to get home that they wouldn't notice me in the road. Thankfully I got home with no problems other than the occasional jackass who doesn't ever scoot over because they think they have the God given right to the road and I'm the horses pattoot that doesn't know where she belongs. Oh well.

I think the weekend is going to be nice...saturday I'll do the Kirkland route and have breakfast with the Blackhawk Club, hopefully John and/or Mary will show up - I'm not sure when Karen is getting back so, if no one else comes I'll ride it by myself. Sunday I intend to get up at 6a.m. and head out for at least 3o miles - I am not quite where I'd like to be for miles this year...falling behind on that goal.

Okay that's it for now. I'm going to go crawl into bed and go to sleep - will be working 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. tomorrow...BLAH!

Ride safe!

No comments: