Monday, August 25, 2008

The First day of school part II

To update on the always joyful first day of school. Things at home went off without a hitch. The first day is usually pretty easy -so I won't count on that as a sign of how the rest of the school year mornings will go.

We left for the school at about 7:50 a.m. As we walked there was glass on the sidewalks by the fraternity houses, there were cars parked bumper to bumper so that we had to walk around them - into the road- to get to the other side, and cars making roll throughs on the stop sign ---this was all before we had even gone 1/4 mile. When we got to the first road that is supposed to have an assigned crossing guard there was no one there. After we had crossed someone pulled up and jumped out wanting to ask us questions - the crossing guard - apparently she was confused about why we were crossing on that side of the road...hhmm.

Next crossing area there was again no crossing guard. As we passed the parking lot for the universities nursing school a woman pulled up who said she was a parent helper who was going to assist the kids and parents in finding their way to the school....

I'm really disturbed that our district office didn't put crossing guards where they said they were going to have them, or at least they were not there when there were kids already walking...this just furthers my stance that the school district is not doing what they should be doing. They all sit in their offices, getting nice paychecks and don't manage to actually do their jobs!

After work the boys and I made 60 cupcakes - Brendon and Cody turn 8 years old tomorrow! Unreal!!! So, we made cupcakes - lots and lots of cupcakes lol! It was fun and messy but we got through it - packed them all up for tomorrow and then packed their lunches. The kitchen is again put back together and looking like it did before the batter, frosting, and sprinkles got all over it. LOL!

This evening I had a call from the Chronicle (our local newspaper) regarding a letter to the editor that I wrote...apparently it is about 100 words too long-I'm sure no one who reads this blog would ever think I am long winded! - so I have to edit it and then resubmit through email tomorrow so that they can publish it. I will be doing that as soon as I sign off from my blog.

Anyway, I suppose I should start doing that. Ride safe!

No comments: