Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Wake up Call

This morning my alarm was set to go off at 4:45 a.m. I had turned on the alarm on my cell phone as well considering we had already lost power earlier in the evening due to the bad storms and I figured better safe than sorry. So, my cell phone alarm starts going off - or so I thought - when I picked up the phone to turn it off I realized my baby brother was calling.

Apparently his minivan was broken into sometime last night/early this morning. The person who broke in shattered his drivers side window and then reached in and unlocked the doors. Upon climbing into or out of the minivan though they left a whole hand print - palm and all 5 fingers in two spots on the inside window. They apparently knew what they wanted because the only thing missing was the dvd player my brother has in there to entertain his daughters on trips.They left the $40.00 headphones, the CD's (he has alot of those) and other things that would be worth some money.

He just cleaned out the minivan on Sunday because my sis-in-law (to be) and his daughters are in Florida visiting her family so he thought it would be a good time to get all the grimy fingerprints my oldest niece leaves on the windows cleaned up.
Lucky for him I guess since they should be able to get the prints and nab who ever did this.

Anyway, that's about it. I'm going to go ahead and head into work - nothing better to do at this point and I am now wide awake. Bob is still lying in bed - but should be moving any minute now!

Ride safe - I hear there is still some lightening - may avoid the bike trail as I'd be under the trees for quite a little bit!

No comments: