Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Watching the sun rise during the commute....

Took this picture this morning as I was heading into work. It was a little chilly this morning and you can see the fog lingering over the open field on the left and over the Kishwaukee River on the right and the sun rising on the horizon...it was a very nice ride in. I stopped at the Road Ranger to get a cappacino. The reason I wanted the cappacino is because Cassy and I stayed up till 2 a.m. watching Dirty Dancing. Fun times.

Happy to be home - worked from about 6 a.m. till 7:30 p.m. I need a vacation! On a fun note - during the ride home I came off the bike path to find some guy up ahead of me (about a half mile - maybe a little more) so I hit the climb on 1st street hard and caught him at the corner of Hillcrest and 1st. He was behind me on the bikepath through NIU but overtook me on that hill on Lucinda...but that was okay - because I had already caught him so I didn't need to prove to myself that I could do it again .

Safe Riding !

1 comment:

amidnightrider said...

It takes all the restraint I can must not to chase when I see a rider ahead of me. I have gone so far as dismounting to kill off the instinct to chase.

I certainly can sympathize with my canine friends.