Friday, September 26, 2008

The Perfect Day

Today was the PERFECT DAY!!!

Okay, as close to perfect as I've had in a very long time...I was off work today - getting paid for my birthday holiday (that's an awesome bonus)!

I got up and got the kids off to school and then the day was mine.

Just as I was standing outside of the house getting ready to mount the Gary Fisher and take off to enjoy the day my cell started buzzing - daughter asking for money for homecoming tickets and lunch...so I rode down to her high school and dropped off the money. I then took off again, only to stop because my phone was buzzing again...Jennifer this time, we met at the Junction for breakfast.

After breakfast I went to my eyedoctor - who happens to be a runner and cyclist. When he saw my helmet we started talking bikes...longest eye exam I've ever had and certainly the most pleasant. I left with my new contacts in my eyes...I had forgotten how much brighter the sun is when wearing contacts...WOW!

I stopped at the library, hung out for a bit. Went outside talked to my friend on the phone...had a conversation with the post office delivery man. Then dropped by the church to get some papers I needed for class.

From there I rode over to the bike shop - really what's a beautiful day off without a stop at the bike shop? Tobie came up behind me and said hello and when I turned around he said he hadn't recognized me in street clothes LMAO! Too funny. So, he showed me some of the new stuff in the shop - I hung out a while, talked bikes, riding and kids then left there...proud to have not spent any of the money I really don't have to spend anyway!

I rolled through town and out to Walmart to pick up a pair of sunglasses to accompany my brand new contacts and picked up a sandwich. Stopped by the beauty shop and visited my dear mother. She was in a mood today and talked a lot of shit LOL!

After leaving there I headed home - what a glorious day to ride. I'm amazed at what a gorgeous day I had. It was completely relaxing. I have not felt so relaxed and at ease in so long. It's amazing to me! I appreciated and needed this day in a way that I can't even begin to explain.

I haven't had a completely wonderful day in a while. I guess it could be said that everyday is as enjoyable as we make it but some days without all the interference that others bring can be phenominal...and that is what today was for me!

Ride safe my friends.

No comments: