Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bad Dogs...

This morning I woke up to find that my dogs (well I'm pretty sure they were both involved in the deed) had overturned the garbage and strewn it through the kitchen and the family room sometime in the night. I was totally out - this cold is kicking my butt - so I didn't hear a thing. When I walked down the steps they both looked at me and ran to their room (the game room in the house doubles as the room that the dogs cages are in). So, they totally knew they had done something wrong - which makes me think the idea that my dog can't understand that they did a bad deed for more than 10 seconds is total crap!

New Read this week: Ain't Misbehavin' (a book about well trained dogs and how to get them).

In their defense - this is the first time they've done this in over a year...still not okay though - I hate picking up garbage...

the only good thing that came out of that was that I found some bear bottles that the people on Sunday had failed to put in the recyling bin.

Ride safe - it's cold today here in Northern Illinois - and we had some snow flurries yesterday:( I still don't understand why my mother, who is from a tropical island, would move to this place...someplace warm would have been preferable to me! :o)

3 comments:

amidnightrider said...

Got to love the little guys. I have two at home but I also tend to a dozen or so at the shelter. I walk the dogs while the girls clean the kennels and get their food ready.

There are so many and it's very sad. Yours must know that they hit the lottery when you got them.

gabby1 said...

Absolutely - can't imagine life without them! Vivan we got from a rescue shelter when she was just a puppy - and Brownie was given to us by an old man who worked at the bank but was diagnosed with cancer and was afraid he wouldn't be able to take care of him once he was going through Chemo.
They are fabulous - but sometimes they do something and drive us nuts :) just like our kids lol!

gabby1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.