Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cardiology Appointment

Brendon saw his cardiologist today. He had an echocardiogram.

His pulmonary artery is a enlarged. Apparently this is something his doctor expected because of the heart condition and the lung condition (the lung condition being that having been born 3 months premature their lungs were not developed - then being on a respirator, even an ocylator, their lungs were damaged and probably never fully recovered). He also gave us a referal to see a pulmonologist. Aside from that he agreed with me that the cold temps (below freezing) cause their lungs to work harder and because of the damage the circulation isn't as good as it should be - because of all of that their hearts are pumping harder trying to get oxygenated blood out. The extra work causes the chest pain - thus the feeling of their hearts being squeezed. (The same thing happened to Cody as well).
The Cardiologist, Dr. S (he's wonderful and has been seeing the boys since they were born), wrote a note saying that both Brendon and Cody need to be bused to school in the winter months and that they are not to be outside in temps under 32 degrees.

I later talked to the school. Gaven their older brother goes to the same school and the school has told me that while they will pull up to the house to pick up the twins they will not pick up Gaven who goes to the same school as them at the same time...I am going to fight that - I mean ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME??? He has a heart condition too - just hasn't been to the ER yet because of the cold bothering him. So, the girl in transportation agreed to talk to someone to see if they would be able to do that - if not I will go talk to the superintendant. It's too bad my last name isn't Bemis or Pappas - that would get a lot of red tape removed quickly...am I saying that to be an A-hole? Yes and No - but either way I've watched red tape be removed because of a last name in this town within the school district repeatedly while others were never able to remove the same red tape...so I say that with true conviction that I am stating a fact.

4- 8 inches of snow expected - we already have about 5 inches! I wish they would call of school for tomorrow. I'd be off to work early and take the long way into work...cuz that snow is looking oh so fun right now (and I don't even like snow for the most part - but it's calling to me!).

Ride Safe!!!

No comments: