Friday, January 2, 2009

Waiting for dawn to break

Here I sit on the couch waiting for the dawn to break so that I can head into work on the Wingra.
Lots to do today, but going to make sure I'm out of there by 3 p.m. so I can go riding this evening. I'm hoping for very little wind...heading into my fourth year of cycling I still dread wind! Last year I got over my aversion to the hills; they come to an end sooner or later and you get the joy of a downhill - but the wind still kicks my butt and makes me feel like I'm getting nowhere fast and fighting a losing battle! Maybe it is mainly a psychological thing!

Safe and Happy Riding!

3 comments:

amidnightrider said...

Enjoy your ride. I'm snowbound again. Can't run either with the roads in such a mess.

Racquetball will have to do. There is always a backup.

gabby1 said...

Sorry that you're snowbound. It's the pits...atleast as far as being on the bike. Clear roads today although someone did come about 2 inches from hitting me in their car - it scared the hell outta me..still waiting for my heartbeat to slow down!

amidnightrider said...

The road here are finally clear. Just in time for tomorrow's snow storm.

Today I'll do a run in the afternoon. Walk the dogs around 5, then a long walk 3-4 miles with my neighbor, (Almost full moon)on the MUP.

We should be home with enough time for me to sharpen the snow shovel. 8>)
But I really do like the winter season and all that it gives us.