Monday, January 12, 2009

Portuguese Wine

This weekend my cousin Ruben was here from Terceira, Azores, Portugal. Putting that all in there so that people can look it up if necessary.

So...he brought lots of Portuguese wine with him...I LOVE IT! All of it! He also made a dish, which I can't spell, meat cooked in wine (heehee) Alcatras...(yeah I butchered that)...I'll defer to John to tell me how that's really spelled!

All in all, I drank WAY too much, ate ENTIRELY too much and had a great time doing it.

Will post pictures in probably a week when I get them - my camera wasn't working right so I have to wait for them to be emailed to me.

Happy riding...we are under a blizzard warning! Fun times!

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

I tried working out that meat phonetically, but can't make out what your trying to say. Tonight is my birthday and I'm celebrating with a bottle of Borba and a nice Shrimp Mozambique dish. Flan for desert with a glass of Madeira.

When you next speak with your cousin tell him FIFA did good awarding Christiano Ronaldo, the player of the year.

In case you don't know him CLICK HERE

gabby1 said...

It's beef baked in Portuguese Wine in a ceramic dish - it's exceptionally good! I could eat that and drink Portuguese wine often!

Yes yes I know who Cristiano Ronaldo is...I catch the occasional games. :)

Happy Birthday by the way!