Friday, April 17, 2009

Vaction day spent on the bike

So here is my day in pictures - I rode out at 8 a.m. on my Trek road bike, stopping to take a few pics here and there. I got home in the late morning and took a quick shower before jumping on my Gary Fisher Wingra and pedaling around town. I stopped at the bike shop, which is a must if you have a day off, talked to Tobie about equipment for a self supported multi-day ride...

Without further ado...here is my day in pictures. I'll work on getting better at this. The I-88 Overpass on my way out of town.


Something I found on the side of the road, which I thought was picture worthy.


I had intended to ride down this road...



Until I saw the bridge was out...didn't feel like crossing the creek.





Folks, this is what DeKalb County looks like - no matter what direction you go...granted it gets prettier as the summer goes on - very green etc.




The duck was sunbathing...







Boarded up house on Gurler Road - which gave me the idea to try to take pictures of all the boarded up houses I come across in DeKalb County this riding season.






The waterworks at Rivermist subdivision (I ride through here because I love the wooden covered bridges, I'll take a pic of that next time, and the water ponds).








I thought the water shooting up made a good backdrop for my bike picture.










After getting on the Wingra I jumped on the bike path.









Some people canooing along the Mighty Kishwaukee River this afternoon. I've never canooed the Kish...so that's on my to do list for this summer.











1 comment:

amidnightrider said...

Nice photos. My favorite is the bike path in this group.

Next time look for the setting on the right side of the page when you load a photo. Try "large" and "center".

Blogger will keep them from being too large unless you click on them. Try mine to see what it looks like.