Monday, May 18, 2009

My baby girl turns 17 today

Today my daughter turns 17. Where have the years gone? I'm certain that it wasn't so long ago I held her in my arms amazed that such a beautiful little girl was mine. It wasn't so long ago when she would run off the porch and into my arms when I got home from work with her long blonde hair flying behind her and a big smile on her face. Now in the place of that little girl is a young woman who I'm often in awe of. She is amazingly talented, witty, engaging, trendy, kind, compassionate, a fighter for many causes. She has such conviction and passion about things.

I am so proud of her and love watching her grow into a young woman...yet a part of me is a little sad that the time has passed. I wish I could roll the clock back and hold on to that little girl with long blonde hair and big blue eyes who loved to sit in my lap, so that I could read her one more bedtime story, or play at the park another day with her. Silly huh?

Anyway, Happy Birthday my Sassy Cassy!

No comments: