Sunday, August 23, 2009

Busy weekend...

It was a busy weekend here on the home front.

Friday night I had to close at the restaurant. Then when I got home we had company so I didn't get to bed until about 1:30 a.m.

Saturday morning I was back up at about 5:30 a.m. to get myself ready for Orientation for Ministry Formation in Rockford. I began walking to the church when some crazy lady pulled up and asked me if I wanted a ride and why I was out walking so early in the morning...(the crazy lady was my Sis in law :) Rode to Rockford with Debbie and Andrea. Orientation was a 6 hour event, that was very informative and a lot of fun. It also made me realize how unprepared I am for this class...and how anxious I am about having to talk in large groups and in front of people I don't know well. I do think it will be a great learning experience and I'm very excited. They had some people from the previous group talk to us as well, and some of them said that on their day of orientation they felt the same way I was feeling - so maybe I can do this!

Got home yesterday evening and had a bonfire with the kids and some friends and neighbors came over. I finally got to bed late and slept in a little bit.

Today the kids and I went to the store and bought some of their school clothes - 2 pairs of jeans for each and three new t-shirts, new boxers and new socks. We also picked up groceries and had house keys made for the kids- then left and went to payless for shoes, but they weren't open yet so we came home...I don't work tomorrow night so we will go then. After arriving home we realized that the stupid keys didn't work :(

This afternoon Jennifer and I went together to get the rest of the school supplies that we needed...that was a pain the rear - all the college kids were there! UGH!

This evening after dinner my mother in law showed up with the Lia Sophia jewelery that I had ordered for Cassy. She was headed to wal-mart so we decided to ride with - had them remake the keys (when we got home we found that they had again screwed them up --- I think this is because they aren't using the right keys...they aren't long enough! UGH! I also picked up a binder for Ministry Formation and a few skiens of baby yarn that Cassy chose for Caiden's baby blanket, which I will start on once I finish this post.

Tomorrow the kids start school - only a half day. After work we will go get shoes and I am making spaghetti for dinner.

Hopefully I'll get a good amount of sleep tonight and will feel well rested in the morning (hahaha).

Safe and Happy Riding.

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

Talking to large groups is much easier than you think. If you know your subject matter and not just reading something, you can go on and on.

One or two practice speeches should do it for you.

gabby1 said...

The idea makes me almost ready to throw up! LOL!

However, I will endure!