Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hot, hot, hot...

Yesterday it got up to 94 degrees here! Oh happy day! How I love hot summer days. (even if it's only spring!)

Did not do a workout this morning. Instead did a meditation and read my Bible. My prayer life is severely lacking lately...probably from all the stress lately.

Did you know that Worry is from an Anglo-Saxon word that means "harm" and is another form of the word "wolf"...hhhmmm interesting...I didn't go researching this - it was a portion of the meditation this morning...but, that would sum up about how that feels...So, trying to give it all to God and only deal with what's on my plate right now.

Enjoyed my grandson yesterday....who I babysat while his mother worked late. He was outside all night and exhausted by 9 pm. He started falling asleep in my arms.
This was him earlier in the night trying to shake the hanging plant off the Shepherd hook. He turned to me when I said "NO" and gave me this very unhappy with me type of look...apparently not liking what Avo says is part of the babysitting gig. HAHA!

This week is nursing home week: yesterday we had wheelchair races...oh my goodness, it was so much fun! Even if I raced against a guy who's friend has been in a wheelchair since he was a kid so they always have wheelchair races...my girls from the kitchen tried to help me and at the turn around grabbed his wheelchair to help me catch up...it didn't help for more than a second or two as I then ran into the wall! LMAO! It was so much fun! I high fived Jonathan (the guy who beat me) afterwards...even if he did have an unfair advantage. It was a blast and the residents were sitting at either end of the hall cheering us on! That's the kind of stuff that makes every other day of frustration in the nursing home seem so worth it! The residents were laughing and hollering and seeing them with big old smiles made the day PERFECT!

Okay, off to make a dish for work that I completely forgot about. Thanks to my friend & co worker Christina for the friendly text message at 5:50 a.m. reminding me of the need for a dish to pass!

No comments: