Monday, May 9, 2011

Morning Run fun...

This morning on our run, my dog Izzy, who is an english bull dog/boxer mix was not happy about seeing the police dog statue standing there. She stopped our run and crept up on it...this picture was shortly before she decided the dog was not going to be trouble! lol!


Day 10 without a smoke...going much easier than everyone expected...so stupid to have started back up when Bob was diagnosed...but what's been done can't be undone...move forward! Feeling great other than this bit of lung butter I began coughing up over the weekend...not much, not often but often enough that I'm totally grossed out! My body's way of driving home the ridiculousness of having this habit?

Oh...and happy mother's day to me...I have Motley Crue Tickets!!!!!!!!!!! HURRAY!

Not riding in this morning...figure I'll alternate for a while, run, lifting, cycling....redo. :o)

Safe riding my friends!

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

All the best with the smoking. I quit many years ago with the help of and online site. quitsmokingjournals.com

gabby1 said...

Thank you. 10 days now without one. I've only had a couple of cravings...or thoughts of smoking. Like today when I left work I thought for just a split second how good the smoke would be when I got to my truck...before thinking...nah, I don't smoke anymore.
Running with Izzy helps...she makes me realize that without the smokes I can actually run along side her...when I was smoking she was barely jogging along beside me...because I was so slow. :) Also the almost 18 mile bicycle commute helps as well...a couple of nice hills along it.