Friday, June 24, 2011

Dr., Dr. give me the news...

I went to my doctor last week to discuss the MRSA issue...apparently it's like herpes...once you have gotten it (in your body) it's luggage you carry around forever. Since it is something that is opportunistic; it waits until your immune system is down to jump in and cause havoc. That's nice news!

However, upon examining me he showed concern at the fact that there are glands/lymph nodes in my neck that are larger than they should be...so he ordered more tests.

Yesterday I had blood work done. Today I go in for an ultrasound of my neck and a mammogram.

They said the results from all tests should be in next week...however, I have decided I will not answer or listen to the voice mails they leave until July 5th!
Why? You may ask. Well, it's simple really. I am taking July 1st off (which will be exactly 1 week from the tests I'm having today) to go to Motley Crue (and Poison & New York Dolls) at Tinley Park. July 2nd I am going with some girlfriends to get pedicures. July 3rd my friends are having a big 4th of July bash with a band at their house, July 4th I'm cooking out with my family. So all news, good or bad, will have to wait until July 5th as I don't want to take the chance of having my fun filled weekend ruined by worry or being upset, and since there is no way to know what the news will be, I am choosing to ignore it all until the 5th.



This is Nikki Sixx - Bassist for Motley Crue who I freely admit to having been crushing on for years. I can't wait to see him next Friday!

No comments: