Monday, June 27, 2011

"hhmm" Is not what I wanted to hear...

While lying on the table having my ultrasound done! Why would the tech keep saying "hhmm" ? Why would the tech spend 5 minutes on the left side of my neck and 30 minutes on the right side of my neck? Why would the tech then tell me to sit tight because she was going to have her supervisor look at the images and decide if we needed more of the right side?

Needless to say I have no answers to those questions. Obviously something she saw on the right side of my neck was disturbing to her...I just think next time I will take in headphones and my MP3 players so I don't have to be subjected to strange sounds that are disconcerting to me!

The tech then told me to call my doctor Monday afternoon as he should have the report by then...I just think maybe not! I'll wait for him to call me! That sounds much better to me!

Today I am late manager at work. I have only 4 work days to get through and then it's a 4 day weekend that kicks off with Motley Crue, Poison and New York Dolls, and ends with a BBQ at my house with my brother and his family on July 4th. I am really looking forward to this weekend!

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

The techs sometimes forget the patient can hear them when they ohh and ahh about our tests. 80's music huh? I listened to a lot of that but not by choice. Two teenage sons ya know.

gabby1 said...

I agree that they forget that we can hear them and see their faces! That's why I will from now on try to take my music with me.

80's music is wonderful! I actually have a very eclectic taste in music. I listen to classical, jazz, heavy metal, blues, etc...there are cd's in my case that make my friends cringe and sometimes laugh at me. However, I will always be partial to the music I grew up listening to, and since I did most of my "growing up" in the late 80's and early 90's I suppose that's always what sticks with me. Glam rock and power ballads and all that good stuff :)