Tuesday, June 28, 2011

More questions...no definite answers.

Received a call yesterday from my doctor's office, shortly after arriving at work. My blood work came back, everything looks good except my triglycerides, which are slightly high. Good cholesterol  is very good. No thyroid issue.

Later in the day, while still at work, I received another call from them. This time with the results from my ultrasound. The ultrasound shows lots of swollen lymph nodes in my neck. I have to say, I already figured that since the tech kept saying "hhmm". Now I have to see an E.N.T. They were sending the referral yesterday afternoon or first thing this morning. So, I have to wait until later today to call the E.N.T.'s office. I did request that they go ahead and send me to the same E.N.T. that saw my husband. I am particularly glad that I did so because I also had the report from the ultrasound sent over to me at work.The report indicates that while the swollen nodes could be from some type of infection they could not rule out other reasons and that a biopsy may be needed...
Quite frankly, if someone is going to cut away at my neck I suppose I'd prefer it to be the one who I already know, who did a great job on my husband's biopsy.
So, today I will be calling Dr. Zaya's office.

I am still waiting on the results from my mammogram...considering that my boobs are really my best asset I'd prefer to keep them around! So, keeping my fingers crossed.

Last night was odd, Bob was trying to be "normal" but was acting weird...kept looking at me...egads..is that how I was when something was potentially wrong with him and we waited for results? Makes a person want to crawl inside themselves...and maybe even cry, because you see in their eyes that they are already perceiving what will be if you are sick...

On a happy note: 3 days until the Motley Crue Concert! I'm totally stoked!

No comments: